free stats

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Pants Party Comes to an End

Remember when my sister took pity on me for my rigid attempt not to spend any money and bought me the perfect Elie Tahari midnight blue pants that I'd been coveting, as a gift for making it through the first month?

Yes, well she remembered, too, while reading about me merrily skipping through the boutiques and chains of Georgetown this weekend. Last night I answered the ringing phone and said hello, not knowing who was on the other end. The first thing I heard?: "I want the pants back!"

3 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

When the indians begat indian giving, it was pinecones and beaver pelts. We've come a long way since then. I mean, think about it... they didn't even have pants.

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you do return them, I hope you'll make a point to wear them at least one more time. You need to have a proper goodbye with pants as special as those.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

I-66- It's not a scientific assessment, but I think that might be my favorite comment I've ever gotten on this blog.

FK-The pants aren't going anywhere. It would be a crime to abdicate the pants.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home