free stats

Thursday, February 08, 2007

A Very Special Guest in the Comments Section!

You know I love all the people who comment on my blog. But just like your mother fibs a little when she says she loves you and all of your siblings equally, well, I'd be lying if I didn't say I have one overwhelming, undisputed favorite. Remember The Leg Lamp? (And if you don't, it was like two days ago, what the hell?) Anyway, late yesterday, everyone's favorite member of the bar commented on that post. And his comment even jogged my memory that the card hadn't said "a special prize" was inside. No, it said something even funnier. Ladies and gentlemen, my favorite blog comment ever:

The Leg Lamp Guy said...
As the proud owner of the lamp, I was thrilled to get a call from Brunch Bird. I was surprised to learn that the building guard knew exactly what she was inquiring about before she said "leg lamp". Now, as I bask in the glow of the lamp, I thank BB for spreading the word about my Major Award.

9 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

Thanks Leg Lamp Guy. We can only aspire to do something so great that it merits the gifting a leg lamp. I would, however, also accept a giant lava lamp, or a butt statue.

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LLG, tell us how you tracked down BB! this is awesome.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

I-66- I don't even want to think about how your apartment is decorated.

Etc-No mystery there. I gave him the link when I first chatted with him. But he wins even more cool points for actually reading this thing.

3:12 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

Actually, Bird, my room (I share a house) is hardly decorated, save a couple calendars on the wall. However, had I a giant lava lamp or any of the above mentioned, I'd certainly find a home for it.

You must not have watched Martin when it was on.

4:16 PM  
Blogger LMNt said...

Wow, he just got 50 points cooler.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

Damn hell, you say you won it?

It's a major award!

5:55 PM  
Blogger honeykbee said...

Wow, Just when I thought he couldn't get any cooler...! Leg Lamp Guy, you challenge the space time cool continuum.

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great blog! You are such a wonderful writer! (what a shock when I checked out your profile - Publishing) The lamp man's wife printed out your blog about the lamp and brought it to lunch today (about 10 women friends). What a hoot! Shockingly about 4 had NEVER SEEN THE MOVIE!!!! I clearly pointed out what a huge loss this was! I forwarded your link to my son (journalism major) and mom - can't wait to hear back from them. Keep up the great work!

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool!

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home