free stats

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

You'll Want to Sit Down for This: Today I'm Talking About Mommy Bloggers

I subconsciously vowed to never mention mommy bloggers in this space, their very presence on the Internets a looming spectre reminding me of my own dormant and ignored but certainly relentlessly ticking inner Piaget. Yet, against the odds, two have weasled their way into my affection. One is a veteran blogger who I wouldn't know if she came up and stomped on my stiletto. The other is a dear friend with whom I go way back. In addition to being the proud new owner of two, tiny newborn babies, she has a tiny, newborn blog. I vow this to you gentle reader: were these the self-indulgent whinings of dingbat women who compare changing a diaper to arguing a case before the Supreme Court, I would not put them before you. Rather, they are the bloggers I sort of want to be when I grow up: whipsmart, awe-inspiringly hip and competent caregivers, and offbeat and creative observers of their new world. I give you:

Where's My Cape?, whose April 14 post proved that she does two things well: throws wee little parties with the coolest of themes, and, writes. (She's also a doctor in her spare time, but this isn't a post about doctor mommy lifesaving blogging, is it Superwoman?)




and
Snacks, Please!, whose April 11 post about having to interview with her 2-year-old daughter at a Montessori school made me simultaneously laugh and cringe, which I think is the point of good mommy blogging anyway.




And the first commenter who makes some snotty remark about this being the day that I jumped the shark gets sent to his room without any dessert. I-66, I'm looking in your direction, mister.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BB,

Ok this is just getting a little silly. You my around the way girl and all but, even Christopher Reeves wouldn't stand for this. Is there something you want to share with us.

Virgle Kent

4:07 AM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

I know, I know. Yesterday morning it was a bunch of WASPs standing around watching croquet, last night it was mommy bloggers. It's like I'm trying to get you to stop reading the blog. ;-)

12:09 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

No no, all I was going to say is that I figured your inner to be a Movado.

I swear.

Dessert please?

12:23 PM  
Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

I read one or two mommy blogs, too. There's no shame in it.

NO! SHAME!

Right?

1:30 PM  
Blogger KC said...

I'm so verklempt right about now, I think I'm going to go and eat something.

And about the hip part...did you see the picture of me post-Margarita? Granted, that thing was triple-strength and should have skull and crossbones on it.

Thanks for those kind words. Not worthy.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

I-66- We'll see.

K-Right. I'm owning it. Not that the stakes are that high anymore.

KC- But the point is you were even drinking a margarita. And you had a hip shirt on. Plus, I think I've told about eight different people how cool the idea was for the art gallery birthday party (my father's an artist so I'm biased, but still, it was awesome.) Anyhoo, thanks for reading and keep up the great work!

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home