free stats

Friday, April 13, 2007

Urgent Action Needed!

Periodically I mobilize my little corner of the internets for voting in various contests on behalf of friends who are vying for journalistic titles ranging from hottest to up-and-comingyiest. This time your vote is needed for something far, far more shallow. Another soul near and dear to my heart was a finalist in the Post's Sunday Source Peep contest. Please, if you do nothing else in the next 30 seconds (and then every 30 seconds after that for the duration of the contest), go vote for her entry: Marpeep Antoinette.



And yes, you'll see other worthy candidates when you go to vote. But there's only one way to demonstrate to all of the Post readers the power of the Brunch Bird voting block: by voting for the contestant who had the prescience to look at a Peep and say, "That thing should have a cotton ball wig on its head." Thank you and God speed.

15 Comments:

Blogger HomeImprovementNinja said...

Hey! I keep forgetting to ask you when I see you, but since you work where you work...Do you Courtney? She's the cutie who interviewed me for the piece in the Washington Post.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Beakerz said...

Voting complete

1:21 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Done and done.

There are some really good ones in there, although I think the peep-o-suction one is awfully creepy. Something about a peep stuck with a syringe, I guess.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

Ninja-I actually don't work where I am apparently rumored to work. But yes, I do know her. I'll tell her you said hi if I see her.

Beakerz-Thank you patriot.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

That is the most impressive waste of time I've ever seen - and I mean that as a compliment.

I will go vote.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

Phil, that's like getting an endorsement from Jesus, George Washington, and Burt Reynolds circa Cannonball Run. The "Playaz Bump" in the voting results will no doubt be significant given your support.

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your friend wins, but looks like Peeping Peeps and Rosslyn Metro Peeps are running away with it. I blame Ohio.

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stick a fork in me. (i'm done.)

(voting.)

2:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

I voted for the wigged out peeps, but man did Rosslyn ever pander to the locals with the Metro-ness. That's like cheating.

2:01 PM  
Blogger HomeImprovementNinja said...

BB, she was actually in a Hottest DC journalist that I plugged on my blog. I think she regrets it now.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

Ahh, the old "Ninja Curse." Just like the Sports Illustrated curse, right? Yeah, I plugged my friend-of-a-friend who works at the Post for that contest and she went down in flames. I suspect vote tampering, though.

3:05 PM  
Blogger roosh said...

i mean, wow

4:02 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Those peeps sort of look like Jabba the Hut.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

If Jabba was gay?

8:50 PM  
Blogger honeykbee said...

This contest is rigged. I mean nearly 14% to "Peep Haw"?! Thats just ludicrous. Clearly Marpeep Antionette (and even, sorry, The Peepsons) rock Peep Haw to the ground. I wonder if "vote for the worst" has gotten behind this charade.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home