free stats

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Return to Putting on a Good Show

I've been sleeping with my TV on the Radio tickets under my pillow for about three months now. However a friend emailed me a slightly troubling dispatch from their show the night before last in Florida. TV on the Radio, if you read this blog (and really, how could you not?) please don't do this next week:

...There were THREE opening acts. [Name] and I arrived at what we thought would be the perfect time to miss them: 9:30. The third opener hadn't even begun. There was about 30 minutes of fiddling w/mics etc. before they got started. The Blood Brothers were horrendous and played 20 songs -- more than appropriate for an opener, in my opinion. TV on the Radio finally took the stage at 11:45. At one point, the lead singer sprayed the entire crowd with his water bottle, because, he noted, it was hot. Um, yeah. At least they sounded incredible. After 6 songs, they left the stage and their encore included members of the three previous bands. We left at 1, before they finished, exhausted, damp and slightly disappointed...Sigh. I hope your experience is way cooler.

Me too. Because I'm not going to be able to be a smarmy snotball about having had these tickets that have been sold out for months if not.

8 Comments:

Blogger Brunch Bird said...

I don't base my taste in bands on their music. I base it on their hairstyles.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Blonde Belle said...

They are playing Slope Day up here in less than a month! So excited I get to see them for free... :)

6:11 PM  
Blogger bjcolligan said...

Do they understand that television broadcast frequencies are completely incompatible with the wavelengths used for the radio? It renders their entire sonic experiment impossible.

Maybe that's why they're so lame in person: It's all a hoax played out against the technologically challenged.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Beakerz said...

awww...maybe they were having a male? PMS night.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Barzelay said...

I've had my tickets for months as well, and I had the foresight to purchase extras for friends who I knew would neglect to buy theirs far enough in advance. I've heard that TV On The Radio is amazing live, so I'm gonna go ahead and call your friend a party pooping poop head.

12:36 AM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

BB-Slope Day?

SC-I'll broach that with them at the show. Mid-song. Loudly.

Beakerz-They can work out their feelings on their own time. ;-)

B-Cool, see you there. I'll be the one with the look of ironic detachment. See if you can pick me out of the crowd. And no, that's my worry. She's an intrepid soul when it comes to shows. (You sort of have to be in South Florida.) So a bum review is a red flag.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Blonde Belle said...

It's a day of school-sponsored craziness at Cornell. (They school gives out 5 beers per student.) TI is playing too I believe.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

You truly go to the greatest school in the country I believe.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home