free stats

Friday, March 02, 2007

Hallmark of...Oh, forget it, here's a Happy Hour recap

Fun was had:
* The hosts handled their combined debut like rock stars.
* I have to believe that the conversations I had with Arjewtino and Scott the Shot marked the first time that any guys ever stood in The Front Page talking to a girl about how wonderful the women in their lives (who couldn't make it) were.
* Talked to a crop of nice new bloggers, as well as the vets. Coveted Attention Span of a Fly's dress. Finally met Martin who made my jaw drop when he said he's been doing this for five years. Five years people. I can't think of any hobby I've had for five years, besides silently judging people.

Mistakes were made:
* I spent more than 15 minutes at The Front Page.
* My feckless attempt to organize the masses left the Rambler crooning a plaintive "All By Myself" at The Bar.
* Went home and had a reaction to some bad, errr, shellfish.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Thank you very much. H & M at Tyson's :-)

6:58 PM  
Blogger Carrie M said...

totally coveted the dress too. nice to meet you last night! and yeah, i keep posting that on everyone's recaps which is making me feeling kinda lame, but the hangover isn't letting me care.

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry i missed!

7:59 PM  
Blogger Beakerz said...

I'm sure I'll make it one of these times. Thanks for the recaps though.

and that's awesome about the boys talking about how cool their significant others are. That's heart-warming honestly.

Some non-assholes in this world

1:51 AM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

Well "bad shellfish" is a bit of a euphamism for "alcohol."

9:56 PM  
Blogger Frankly, Scarlett said...

So great to see you, doll!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Alejandra Ramos said...

<~grumbles enviously

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it was six, actually. ;) February 2001. ;)

Still, "five years" invokes the original "Star Trek," which only fortifies my inassailable geek cred.

Very nice to have FINALLY met you. ;)

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home