free stats

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Video Killed the Magazine Star

I landed myself on MSNBC a couple years back thanks to an article I wrote that involved teenagers, interracial dating, and bondage. (Write an article like that and try not to have the cable news networks call you.) It was a bizarre experience, especially for someone who's more than a little camera shy (video or any other kind) and whose tombstone will likely read "She Didn't Photograph Well."

Last week, I learned that I may soon have a new role as on-camera newsgirl because of a pilot project, at least until someone realizes the grievous error of their ways. Yeah, you heard me RocketBoom chick. I'm coming for you. If I were the betting type I'd put my marker squarely on "Hilarity Ensues."

7 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

This is just a springboard to a 24-hour all-Bird channel.

Don't act like you don't know.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

You could be like those naked news chicks.

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

please wear the gloves on camera.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Alejandra Ramos said...

Oh I am SO excited about this...

And I'm with etc.; wear the gloves!

4:05 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Somehow, I have the feeling that "Hilarity Ensues" will be the title of your inevitable memoir.

Brunch Bird News - We snark. You deride.

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, oh man can I relate. I'll have to send you an interview I did last October for a local news station talking about Halloween dog fashion. It was ridic.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Definitely watch that video of Sweet. Classic.

Um, can I touch you and be your friend? I don't mind awkward people. I embrace them.

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home