free stats

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentine's Day As It Should Be: Condensed Into 20 Minutes

After the folks at Delta airlines decided at 10 p.m. that they might want to rustle up a couple pilots for the 8:30 p.m. flight I was sitting on on the Atlanta jetway, I was finally on my way home. So I touched down shortly before midnight, grabbed my luggage and, exhausted, hopped into the Significant Other's truck. There were a dozen pink roses inside. At home, I handed over the signed copy of "The Great Santini" I'd picked up for him in South Carolina recently, and he passed off a box of delicious chocolates. Bingo bango, done and done. Though we've set the bar pretty high with Valentine's Day, I think we can knock Easter down to five minutes.

5 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

Easter's all cadbury eggs and throwing peeps at everyone anyway.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

As if! This is the blog of a lady, not a strumpet.

I-66--Were it not for concern about my girlish figure I could eat Cadbury eggs like it's my job.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Blonde Belle said...

My boyfriend and I did the short and sweet gift exchange as well. Too bad it took me about the same amount of time to eat the whole box of Godiva.

I still think Easter (or Passover) deserves at least 7 minutes. :)

3:53 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

She didn't tell you the real reason she was "delayed" in Atlanta.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

Belle--All right, seven minutes, but only because it's not a fake holiday, what with the resurrection of Christ and all. (Or the uh, passing over, depending on your point of view.)

Phil--I read that comment and thought "I'm not sure what he mea--AHAHAHAHA!"
OK, seriously, say you're kidding or I'm going to have to sleep on the couch tonight.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home