free stats

Monday, February 26, 2007

Uh-oh. I Suppose I Shouldn't Mention That I Won the Nobel Peace Prize, the Pulitzer, and the Pritzker This Weekend


At first I presumed that a little Puck had created BestDCBlog purely as a vehicle to get bloggers and commenters sniping about one another. Upon further review I see that I am, happily, correct. (I say "happily" because it's a niche market just not being served elsewhere on the internet and I think they're onto something fresh.) Anyway after three long weeks, the cognoscenti have finally given me my due by nominating me for "Worst DC Blog." While my nominators go for the obligatory feces reference (yawn) and the linguistic legstretching of "she sucks," it's the following gem that emerges as the clear leader from the Bunched Underdrawers Brigade:

I'm so sick of hearing about Brunch Bird, Brunch Bird, Bunch Bird. You'd think she just gave birth to Jesus. She's the worst because she's overexposed. Blech.

Irony has no better footservant than the one who complains about your blog being overexposed by nominating it (saying the name three times) on what is apparently becoming quite the popular blog. And I can allay my benefactor's fears that the misperception exists that I've done something akin to giving birth to Jesus. Rest assured: anyone who knows me knows I don't want to have children.

11 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

Ooooh immaculate conception. At least we know who the daddy is.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Alejandra Ramos said...

So since you gave birth to Jesus and VK allegedly "thinks he's the DC blog God," does that make him your baby daddy?

2:38 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

Alej--That's for the divinity scholars to figure out. Should they come to that conclusion, that's for the four horsemen of the apocalypse to rectify.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

You snooze you lose! Although I have to say I of course can't quibble with someone doing an anonymous blog. And the kids seem to like the voting.

Jeff: "'Rock 'n' roll can save the world'? 'The chicks are great'? I sound like a dick!"
Russell: "I never said I was a golden god...Or did I?"

3:58 PM  
Blogger honeykbee said...

Clearly that dude has no idea what he's talking about; I have read Mary's blog. And it's no Brunch Bird.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Well, I lost in last week's running. Though no one said anything bad about me. Surprising. I attribute it to the snow and people being out of the office last week. The hate couldn't commence and bloom.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Overexposed? I was under the impression that only a few hundred people max. read these things. Or am I just totally off and you are, in fact, the Anna Nicole of bloggers.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Alejandra Ramos said...

I think someone (i66, perhaps?) needs to come up with line of clothing for the next happy hour (which you will then photograph and e-mail me) based entirely on this comment thread. Perhaps a "Golden Blog God" visor? I'd definitely come back to DC to see the Bird in a "VK's my blog baby daddy" t-shirt.

Although maybe this should wait until after Lent...

7:43 PM  
Blogger LMNt said...

Yeah, that blog's stupid. They nominated me a couple weeks ago and I hadn't heard of it prior to that. Maybe if we all ignore it, it'll go away.

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatevs - don't pay him any mind. I am one of your lurking fans - IMHO you can truly WRITE. Keep it up.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ha! I'm not even cool enough to be in the links.

So you could be me...which might be worse or perhaps a good thing. No, definitely worse.

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home