free stats

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

New Orleans Update

So I mocked Mother Nature for being able to outrun an ice storm and then New Orleans got hit by a tornado this morning. I think I'll refrain from sticking my tongue out at her for the duration of my time here.

I'm in Chalmette, La., today, a town about 15 miles east of New Orleans. I am happy to report that, total Katrina devastation aside, the people's spirits here are as strong as ever, as is the amount of lard they jam into their foodstuffs. I just consumed a biscuit that I can only assume will do for my arteries what Sherman did for Atlanta.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, that is why "mom's cooking" always tasted so much better than anything prepared today. Why? Because there was always a big crock of lard in the fridge used for cooking and baking. Oh, how I miss those days!

12:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, crap, that tornado touched down 6 blocks from my house.

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home