free stats

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Do You Know What It Means to Miss an Ice Storm for New Orleans?

I do. Snuck out a day early to beat the alleged storm.

Oh, and the prospect of spending Valentine's Day in a big ole' romantic hotel in the French Quarter? Fantastic.

The prospect of doing it alone, with nary a flower in sight because I'm down here for a story? Not so fantastic. Fingers crossed that I'll get back in time for a romantic Valentine's dinner* with the Significant Other.

*Originally, this entailed Ray's the Classics. I even took care of the reservations because I think it's unfair and arbitrary that the guy always has to be on the hook for the holiday. But now the best case scenario given the weather predictions for when I'm supposed to fly back home is that I'm getting back in time to toss him his present, inhale a veggie burger and get to sleep by midnight.

3 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

Ice storm or tornado?

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer. Well try to enjoy NOLA!

3:26 PM  
Blogger honeykbee said...

Please have a big fat shrimp po boy for me.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home