Things That Are Awesome--The Travel Edition
In no particular order:
1. When a two-hour layover at the Charlotte-Douglas airport becomes a 5-hour-and-counting layover.
2. Being a vegetarian and having a choice of two dining establishments for an overdue lunch: Chili's and something called The Tacqueria.
3. The smell of the food coming out of Chili's and The Tacqueria.
4. The decision to check my small suitcase at National, just so I would only have to deal with my laptop while in transit. It wouldn't have been too much trouble, but I figured, "Why bother toting it around in two airports and two planes all afternoon?" So it seems like this flight will likely be canceled and I'm going to be spending the night at a hotel without my suitcase. Yeah, that decision was awesome.
5. The girl across from me on the cell phone describing in detail why she thinks Terry Schiavo was "murdered" because she was clearly coming around when they disconnected her from her feeding tube.
6. The girl across from me on the cell phone ending that conversation to describe how it was totally unfair that she didn't get a job at Sally's Beauty Supply because she wasn't peppy enough.
7. Just in general, the girl across from me on her cell phone. She's awesome.
8. Businessmen who know that yelling at the gate agent is the fastest way to get the plane to come.
9. Realizing that I'm going to have to eat dinner here, too, and that my two choices are Chili's and The Tacqueria.
PS-The first commenter who says, "But the Charlotte airport has those neat rocking chairs!"? Yeah, they're awesome.