free stats

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

"If we'd wanted us some wussies we would have named 'em Dr. Quinn and Medicine Woman!"

Yesterday we covered the men (although thanks to Blogger nobody could get to arguing about it until about 6 p.m.) On today's list we have:


Best Female Performances That Won't Get Nominated for an Oscar:

Rinko Kikuchi, Babel
Toni Collette, Little Miss Sunshine*
Jennifer Anniston, Friends With Money
Leslie Bibb, Talladega Nights
Lily Tomlin and Meryl Streep, A Prairie Home Companion (One or both of them might actually get a nomination but to demonstrate an understanding of what these two women did with their parts in this movie, and how well they did it, the Academy needs to put them on the same nomination. They won't do it, though because they're the same people who said Crash was the best movie of 2006.)

*Winner, as picked by me.

7 Comments:

Blogger HomeImprovementNinja said...

I haven't seen ANY of those movies, so I don't have an opinion as to the winner. Altough if Judy Greer was anything this year, she should win.

2:09 PM  
Blogger honeykbee said...

I second that nomina...er, winner. Toni Colette all too oft goes unnoticed and underappreciated.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

HIN-Didn't recognize the name so I had to Google image her. I love her! Her best work is in Arrested Development though.

VK-Touche. I struggled a bit with this one because it's essentially reprising her role in The Good Girl, but I thought she was spot on in it. How about we say she's taking the Method Acting approach.

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course I vote for Toni Collette. She's Australian. I admit bias. But she is brilliant and Little Miss Sunshine was fantastic.

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Judy Greer was also in the Hebrew Hammer, a personal favorite.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Carrie M said...

i dunno, i think that rinko and toni have pretty good shots at nods. of course they might be weird and try and nominate abigail breslin for little miss sunshine...

on a side note, i'm so happy to have a fellow blogger who loves this oscar...or not-oscar crap...with.

9:14 PM  
Blogger KassyK said...

I wanted to comment yesterday but I couldn't get on and then had that Summit thingy but you know I love me some movies...

My vote for male: AGREED on Aaron Eckhart. Man he is one of my FAVORTIE actors of all time and the way he made a sleazy, unforgiveable character sweet and lovable was amazing.

I loved JAniston in Friends w/Money but my money is always on Toni Collette. She's been my baby since Muriel's Wedding. BEST. COMEDY.EVER.

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home