free stats

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Something Tells Me an "I Hump and Dump" T-Shirt Would Sell Like Hotcakes

I was just thinking about "Dogs Barking Jingle Bells." That really doesn't have much to do with this post, but someone mentioned that song to me the other day and I've had it stuck in my head so now you can deal with it.

But I do want to talk about pets for a minute. Specifically, interesting alternative newspapers that address them without going all Dog Fancy geeky or eyeroll-inducing pandering. You don't know of any such publication? Yeah, well I didn't either until Dig & Scratch debuted last month. The paper and website are for pet owners who don't get prudish at the thought of articles like, "My Humps, My Humps" about dogpark sexymaking. There's a blog called "Hair of the Dog." And in what's already becoming a popular feature, you can upload photos of your own pooch or kittie. Bring your A game because it appears that every hipster with a hound and a Nikon is getting in on the action and some of the pictures are pretty darn good. If you're in New York City, you can pick one up yourself. If you're anywhere else you can read the website or get a year's subscription mailed for $18 bones. Get it? Bones. snicker, snicker. Oh, that joke was annoying? You know what else is annoying? Having "Dogs Barking Jingle Bells" stuck in your head for two days.

*I don't go all Daily Candy very often, so of course this publication is the creation of one of my boys.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah I'm loving Dig and Scratch -- and I don't even have a dog! I consider myself a future dog owner tho, perhaps that's why.

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we subscribe to The Bark. good stuff. especially their annual literary edition. last year David Sedaris submitted a poem that was priceless.

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sort of a pet owner (sort of meaning that my cat is currently in protective custody/foster care while I get my sh*t together and find my own place even though I'm not really sure that I want her back because I've had it up to here* with the cat hair) but I can vouch for the fact that one does not need to actually own a pet to find D&S totally wonderful and entertaining...it's just that cool.

BTW, I actually "el oh elled" at that terrible pun.

*here being about a foot and a half above my head. Which would be approximately 6'5" of the ground (when not in stilettos, but, as the Washington Post recently made very clear..."I'm a stilettos kind of girl")

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alejandra, are you drunk?

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um...no.... ;)

(And thanks for making me spit out my Blobfish...)

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading over my original comment, I can see how one might think that. I mean, I wrote "of" when I should have written "off." What kind of a an editor am I?!

8:13 PM  
Blogger honeykbee said...

Bones! HA! That's terrible.

hahahah

8:32 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Ruff ruff ruff
Ruff ruff ruff

Ruff ruff ruff ruff ruff

Ruff ruff ruff
Ruff-ruff ruff ruff
Ruff ruff ruff ruff RUFFFFF!

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home