free stats

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Oh Santa, You Shouldn't Have

Coco Chanel adored jeweler Robert Goossens for his ability to turn hunks of gold and glittering jewels into works of art that were the perfect juxtaposition for her prim designs. Then Goossens' pieces became the adornment of choice for the Balenciaga, YSL, Dior, Thierry Mugler and Sonia Rykiel runways. And thanks to the exceptional eye of my Significant Other who saw these vintage Goossens gold-set, glittering green stones and knew that I would be in love with them, they are now my adornment of choice. They took my breath away on Christmas morning.

My mother and father scored a homerun with this phenomenal pink pearl necklace from David & Dragana Wagman. I added another of their necklaces to my collection a few months ago, but coveted this one, too.

Good things do indeed come in small packages.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very beautiful--your loved ones have excellent taste! :-)

11:12 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

Lovely jewels. My friend and I were discussing our "tastes" last night...and I just acquired some pink pearl earrings, so this necklace would be a nice (not exact match) offset to them.

12:44 AM  
Blogger KassyK said...

I am also a huge fan of unique looking pink pearls and the earrings are incredible as well. I'm not a huge jewelry person but the stuff I love is exactly like this. Original, classic & heirloom looking. Beautiful!

2:03 AM  
Blogger E :) said...

Lucky girl!

3:42 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

I'm not a huge jewlery person, but until reading this, I had totally not noticed that I had gotten nothing set in platinum for Christmas. Hmmm. Now I kind of miss it.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

Thanks all! I'm excited about rocking these pieces in the new year. And Heather B-Outrage!I think you should demand answers from a certain S. Claus!

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO...emasculated

5:13 AM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

SO...bitter

2:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home