free stats

Friday, December 01, 2006

Lovers Happy Hour II, As Told in Pronouns

UPDATE: V's got the pics in handy slide show form.

It was hotter than Hades in Chi-Cha last night and this time I actually do mean in temperature. Bar owners of D.C.: just because it's December doesn't mean you have to dogmatically leave the A/C off. Minor blip in an otherwise chill evening though. Highlights:

* After months and months of sitcom-esque crossed paths, I finally met her. And she is very, very cool.
* Speaking of very, very cool: this guy and this guy. More and more, I just really look forward to talking to them at these things.
* This gent and this gent are class acts. They consistently display my two favorite traits: they're hilarious and interesting. Lucky for them we didn't go to the same high school because I totally would have been doodling little hearts around their blogs when I was supposed to be paying attention in English Lit.
* Last night was great because I got a lot of face time with bloggers I haven't previously been able to talk with much, like her. Her dry humor cracks me up. The description of her apartment makes me pea green with envy.
* And as for her, her and her? Well they're the type of birds who, when you look up at a gathering and see them there, confirm that you're in exactly the right place that night.

Happy Friday luvahs.

17 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I am so glad we finally met. Even though you busted out so fast I had to Flo-Jo hurdle over a bunch of people to catch you on your way out the door! HA!

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And Alejandra sighs jealously from her laptop several states away. I miss being a DC blogger...

4:29 PM  
Blogger KassyK said...

I second V--Your hair was fucking insanely hot. :) Great to see you.

4:56 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

Stupid meeting keeping me late...

5:12 PM  
Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

You did look absolutely great, and you are insanely cool. I commented on your hot hair from afar as well.

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed you--I had to duck out early! I'm a fairly new reader of yours, but I dig your blog and hope we can meet at the next shindig. :-)

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i arrived at midnight for a little therapy. ugh. dump truck coming down street. me in the way. splat.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Rest in peace, flo jo

6:14 PM  
Blogger Ar-Jew-Tino said...

Not if you had seen me in high scool...trust me.

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My blog got beat up a lot in high school.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Ar-Jew-Tino said...

My blog got sent to the principal's office.

Hey Bird, you didn't avoid Roosh's omnipresent camera this time.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

Ladies, ladies--kind words about another girl's personality and appearance? You're going to throw off the Stereotypical Female Behavior Bell Curve! Seriously, thank you. Very nice, especially coming from such fine thangs as yourselves.

Velvet- Well I always say it's better if they're running toward you saying your name and not away from you. Did you manage to avoid the "issue" for the rest of the evening?

I-66- Indeed. I'm so going to kick that meeting's tail if I run into it today.

Alej- Now that I've met Velvet, I'm afraid to say you'll be the one who got away ;-)

BettyJ- Next time!

Etc- Oye, what a mess. Sometimes you have your head buried in the Treo screen of life and the truck wins. or something like that...

Phil- Regarding today's WtTHUF item--perhaps it's not too late to have a Guv'na diamond made? I'm thinking a smokey amber-hued stone set in a wide band of hammered bronze.

Ar and RCR- In both cases, it was because of ironic tuxedo T-shirts and smug Morissey references wasn't it?

7:01 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

Ar- Yeah, I just saw that. I look like Zombieblogger about to come eat that poor girl's brain.
All right I'll be honest. That's exactly what I was about to do, but the camera flash disoriented me.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Freckled K said...

So good meeting you...but you left so quickly that I didn't get to say goodbye. No soup for you, Missy!

I'll admit, you prompted a little bit of hair envy on my part. Could you please try to frizz it out a bit next I see you? Thanks in advance!

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you get my emails, or do i have to air my dirty laundry in the comments section?

what the hell did you do with your hair last night, anyway?

9:33 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

Etc- No, I haven't gotten any from you all day! harumph. But I did just clean out my inbox and discovered that I had 811 in there total, and about half had attachments so that might have been the problem. I guess for the time being use brunchbird@yahoo.com.

And apparently my decision to wear a Marie Antoinette-esque tower of hair topped by a French battleship with canons that actually fired was quite popular.

10:33 PM  
Blogger E :) said...

Hot damn I hate missing out on things because immigration said so. Dammit.

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home