free stats

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

No Nunchakus? Then I Really Don't See the Point in Even Going

Being the former Girl Scout that I am, I headed to the TSA's carry-on do and don't website to prepare for our trip today to Texas. It provides 18 or so handy pages that clearly explain what liquids and gels you can bring on to a plane (pretty much anything provided you cram it into a 3 oz. container and then a one-quart plastic bag) and what you cannot.

Following are items listed by the TSA as being no-no's in your carry-on luggage:
swords
sabers
meat cleavers
ice picks
flare guns
axes and hatchets
cattle prods
billy clubs
brass knuckles
black jacks (WTF?)
kubatons (again, WTF?)
nunchakus
throwing stars
hand grenades
tear gas

I've got to imagine that this list is presenting Chuck Norris with some considerable packing challenges as he prepares to head to Granny Norris' house for Thanksgiving.

Incidentally, it's 8 a.m. and we're currently at BWI airport where we've just spotted a fannnntastic entry for WtTHU Friday. Stay tuned for that and dispatches from Aggieland, Texas.

10 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

Personally, I think the flying experience would be a whole lot smoother with the liberal use of cattle prods.

I'm most amused that they distinguish between swords and sabers, like some uppity fencer is going to try to sneak by on a technicality. "But officer, you said SWORDS, this is a SABER. It's a totally different thing."

Chuck doesn't need to pack that stuff, because clearly Granny has her own supply. Who do you think taught him to be so kickass in the first place?

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No blackjacks allowed. On airplanes, the house always wins.

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Throwing stars? What are those?

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with wib, the best thing about that list is that you know the nunchakus were only added after somebody tried to bring them on the plane.

7:29 PM  
Blogger honeykbee said...

What if it's a little itty bitty 3oz tear gas grenade? What? Still no good? That's so unfair. *stomp*

2:14 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

hkbee - want to get it by? Just tell them it's 'Sex Panther.'

Because really, there's a fine line between 'cologne' and 'tear gas.' It's just a matter of degree.

2:33 AM  
Blogger honeykbee said...

Yeah, that'd make for a great story when (if?) I finally made it to my destination and got to tell the whole fam that I was held at the airport because of my Sex Panther.

2:58 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Again! We are in the same place at the same time and don't meet! Jeez!

Okay, I was up there closer to 9:30, but still. And it was for work...not to be at the airport going anywhere fun. Happy T-giving!

4:24 AM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

Velvet- I'm starting to think that you don't actually exist. That you're some Keyser Sose, Tyler Durden figment of my imagination. Pop quiz: where's my birthmark? If you know, I'm officially going on meds. ;-)

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luckily you are allowed an unlimited supply of KY jelly. Someday I'm going to test the limit of that policy.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home