free stats

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Metro Ad Sales Staff to Tourists: You're All Gonna Die.

Now, far be it from me to tie the hands of the good men and women responsible for selling the advertising space on Metro station walls. Their work provides much-needed revenue. But I'm thinking that perhaps taking the money from film studio Fox Atomic to start plastering the poster at left all over station walls last week wasn't such a hot idea. First of all, I'd hazard a guess that it's terrifying for our city's little ones to see. I mean, I piddle a bit every time I walk by it. And here's the other thing: maybe putting it in the stations like Woodley Park/Zoo, and Gallery Place/Chinatown, where you've got some of the heavier concentrations of, um, TOURISTS coming through, isn't such a hot idea.

Unless they're also thinking of converting it into a helpful new tourism campaign. Examples:


9 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

TURISTAS - You need a SmarTrip card to get out of the parking lot

TURISTAS - It's not a subway

TURISTAS - There's no R in Washington

8:24 PM  
Blogger Freckled K said...

Okay. You nearly got me with the Why the Terrorists Hate Us Fridays...but, after seeing these posters, I now have a monster Girl Crush on you. Congratulations. I'm officially smitten.

8:26 PM  
Blogger honeykbee said...

Awesome!!

TURISTAS - Walk left, stand right, or face the sharp, sharp, concequences.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

I-66- Sounds like someone's bucking for Junior Vice President of Metro.

Freckled K- (giggle giggle, blush...)

Honey- I think we have the potential to be D.C.'s answer to the Weinstein Brothers!

8:56 PM  
Blogger minijonb said...

Mind The Gap =:-)

11:53 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Turistas - Yes, it's a Mall without stores. We don't know, either. Please stop asking.

Turistas - There are four quadrants. Be absolutely sure you're in the right one.

Turistas - We know there's too much traffic. You're not helping.

Turistas - Not meters, zones.

2:15 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Buca di Beppo isn't a "D.C." restaurant? What are you going to tell me next, that when I'm at the Olive Garden I'm not actually family? I'm not buying it lady.

1:11 PM  
Blogger avocadoinparadise said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:28 PM  
Blogger avocadoinparadise said...

Those posters make me cringe too. Yuck-o! And it was a terrible idea for the DC metro!! Most of us started out here as turistas!

BTW, they mention you in the WaPo Express on 11/21 . Congrats!

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home