free stats

Friday, November 17, 2006

It's Why the Terrorists Hate Us Friday!

Item: Upside-Down Pre-Lit Christmas Tree
Catalogue: Hammacher Schlemmer
Price: $599.95

I was going to save this one for closer to Christmas and then I realized that to honor the spirit from wence it came, I should have put it up before Halloween. This comes from Hammacher Schlemmer, a catalogue rivaled only by the Sky Mall you get on planes for WtTHUF material. The ad copy writers start off smoothly enough: "Evoking a 12th century Central European tradition of hanging a tree from the ceiling at Christmas..." Oh, OK, I'll go for that. I like central Europe. And traditions. And I've got nothing against the 12th century. But then, waaaait for it..."it is inverted to ensure a smaller footprint for less-spacious areas, and allowing more room for the accumulation of presents underneath"! Bam! More presents baby! Welcome to Why the Terrorists Hate Us Friday!

6 Comments:

Blogger honeykbee said...

Awesome. But I bet that angel is piiiiissed.

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good one. Yeah and the holiday music before Thanksgiving is seriously starting to drive me batty.

4:43 PM  
Blogger KassyK said...

HA! Fantastic.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

It looks like the most festive tornado you'll ever see. The weather outside is frightful, indeed.

I'm actually a little more confused by the chair. It's taking up valuable accumulation-of-presents space, and that cannot be tolerated.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

Snickering at your comment honeykbee.

WiB- I think it's there to indicate perspective. Like, "A whole chair fits under here, just think of how many presents will!" Either that or your $599.95 gets you not only an upside down, pre-lit Christmas tree, but also a chair to take a load off while you contemplate what a Twinkie-for-brains you are for buying it.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Mmmmm, Twinkies.....

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home