free stats

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Yeas and Nays Launch Party

As for the official reason for the party at The University Club, I'll say that Gavin and Dufour drew a more-than-respectable crowd, looked very debonair (there must be good money in the gossip racket), and sent everyone home with a bottle of Y&N wine. Hilarious. I can't add anything to that.

What I can own up to is sounding like a ginormous dork while talking to Alex Pareene (seriously, can someone please provide me a better opener than an earnest "Love the site"?), having a lovely time chatting with two crashers who as always, are as chill in person as they are on their blogs*, and enjoying just being my significant other's date for the evening, especially since he was wearing one of my favorite suit/tie combos. After briefly flirting with the idea of driving over to Jaleo for manchego and apple salad, we opted instead to go home and slip into something more comfortable. And by that I mean a large half-pepperoni/half-cheese. Perfection.

*Remember that scene in Pretty Woman where Julia Roberts, mouth full of pancake, says to Richard Gere in regard to his business empire, "Your parents must be really proud, huh?" Yeah, upon saying to Kathryn, "You must have a ton of readers, huh?" I realized I sort of sounded that naive and goofy. sigh...

UPDATE: Maybe I'm biased, but I'm sort of partial to Circle V's write-up of the event.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

You were very funny and looked VERY pretty. I didn't find you awkward at all.

But that Yeas & Nays wine was priceless.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

V- Excellent suggestion. The "courtesy flush" of blog talk as it were.

K- Why thank you dahling. Lack of familiarity with someone is directly proportional to my need for self-deprecating posts. Those who have known me for a long time know that I generally have a healthy, Snuffleupagus-sized ego. ;-)

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all had good time! Wandered over here from V's site, and I'm glad I have :)

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home