free stats

Friday, October 06, 2006

Madman Strikes Arlington Newspaper Boxes, Tens Baffled, Thousands To Be Amused

Every now and then a nutjob comes along who transcends the mundane. The guy who lunged at the dude eating an ice cream cone and crossing M Street in front of me today and yelled indecipherably an inch from his face? A good show to be sure, but he wasn't really, you know, trying. Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you someone who's trying. My tipster forwarded me the photos of the handiwork of an enigma he's affectionately dubbed "Psycho Pamphleteer," and the following reconnaissance:

"None of my local grungy art friends seem to have any clue who he/she is. I seem to be the only one in Arlington who's even noticed them. I started finding them a few weeks ago while surveying newspaper boxes. (Don't ask.)"


Any guesses? Does anyone know who this advocate of polygamy, the building of a nation called Gruetopia, and the Portuguese codfish at Piratz Tavern in Silver Spring might be?
More importantly, can you believe there's only 30 days left until Werewolf Alleviation Day? I haven't even started my shopping! But really, it sneaks up on me every year.

4 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

Frank Gorshin? (the Riddler?)

1:08 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

Bingo!

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Might wanna shop that photo - your badge is visible and potentially legible in the picture!

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's linked to amtgard... or was.
http://amtwiki.org/amtwiki/index.php/Peter_La_Grue

He created it, just google his name.

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home