free stats

Friday, October 20, 2006

It's Why the Terrorists Hate Us Friday!

Item: Bibleopoly
Catalogue: Washington National Cathedral Museum Store
Price: $32
Remember that story about Jesus chucking the money changers out of the temple? The makers of Bibleopoly don't! And apparently they're under the impression that Rod and Tod Flanders actually exist. The description indicates that they've left no stone unturned (as long as you're not casting them, eh? eh? Am I right?) because the game includes: board, steeples, cornerstones, "faith/contingency cards", "abyss cards," deeds, offering, and dice. The objective in this game is to "build a church on any of the city spaces." Yep, slam those churches up anywhere. More churches = You're a tycoon for God! No word on whether or not you can buy plenary indulgences or if there are get-out-of-jail-free cards with Rich Uncle Pennybags in a cassock.

UPDATE: Stay tuned next Friday for a special, reader-submitted product on Why the Terrorists Hate Us Friday! Want to get your own in? Email me the product and where you found it, to brunchbird@yahoo.com.

6 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

So I'm guessing there's no Atheism Avenue or Agnostic Square huh? Judaism Junction? Jihad Heights? I can't imagine Monopoly would've been more fun if you had to pay tithe or give to the collection plate.

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I bet it sells like crazy.

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get to clothe the leper!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

I just want the get-out-of-Hell-free card. Methinks it might come in handy.

I wonder if one of the cards reads something like, "Campaign contributions discovered, lose your tax-free status."

And I'm sure that, even in this game, nobody wants the light blues.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

I-66- Those are only available in the store's other boardgame offering: Heathenopoly

Sweet- So true.

RCR- No fair, you always get to do it.

WiB- On the second point I'll say, only if the Democrats win in November would that card exist. Re: the third, I'll say of course they don't want the light blues, because those spots are "One-Man Mission in Baghdad" and "Circa 1980s Colombia."

All- For further discussion, what do we suppose the game pieces are? Cross, loaf, fishes? I suppose bell, book, and candle would be too much to hope for.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Re: pieces -

One word: Popemobile.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home