free stats

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Innocuous Title So As Not to Alarm the Nice Men Nearby With the Guns

I'm sitting in the car outside a building in Chevy Chase waiting for my significant other who is inside waiting for the president. He's covering an event that Bush is speaking at and I'm waiting because I need to drop him off as soon as it's over and take the car to Richmond to conduct an interview for a piece I'm working on. Do you have any idea how nerve-wracking it is sitting in a big, black truck just waiting for someone when the POTUS is involved? Let's take a look at my potential problems:
*I've got a case of water in the back seat which never made it in from Costco last night. And of course we know that water has landed itself squarely on the feds' beverage watch list.
*I've got a copy of today's WaPo editorial page open on the seat next to me. And there's an E.J. Dionne column right on top! If they observed me nodding in agreement a minute ago I'm toast.
*I'm hunched over the Treo typing away. I'm sure that doesn't look suspicious.
*Figuring I might be bored, I also grabbed the crossword on the way out the door...from THE NEW YORK TIMES!
So if I don't post for a few weeks please dispatch a team of lawyers to Gitmo. I'll be the one yelling "But I was just blogging. Blogggggging!"

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To which Bushie will reply, 'Blogging? Is that something on the Internets?'

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL

You know? I think your blog has officially become my favorite...

3:57 PM  
Blogger Boutros said...

I remember way back, Pre-9/11, when I used to drive to the Pentagon in my pajamas to pick my roommate up at the Metro. Their security guards always got a laugh out of me sitting in my pjs listening to Loveline.

Nowadays, I'd likely be shot.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

S- It's funny (and terrifying) because it's true.
A- I think you've officially become my favorite commenter ;-)
B- It was a simpler time then wasn't it? sigh...

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home