free stats

Monday, October 16, 2006

Beers Were Consumed, Hilarity Ensued, Yadda Yadda...

If you saw me at Blogger Happy Hour Friday night or on Sunday you didn't necessarily get my A game. With the Significant Other's birthday thing going down on Saturday night, I was definitely in distracted, coked-up hummingbird mode beforehand and Joe Lieberman-meets-Eyeore mode Sunday. If you met me Friday night and I never once made eye contact with you or said more than three sentences, it was because my brain was on the following loop: "Did I buy enough spring rolls maybe I should have gotten more beer what if the toilet breaks? Did I buy enough spring rolls maybe I should have gotten more beer what if the toilet breaks? Did I buy..." and so forth.

More to come in a post later about the party. For now, here's what I'll say about HH.
One of my favorite experiences in the world is meeting new people and finding them to be genuinely nice. Not "what can you do for me" business nice, not insincere female nice, not "she's a breathing female, maybe she'll do me" guy nice, etc. Just plain friendly. So it is with great pleasure that I say this happened many times over on Friday night. Throwing Hammers, Good at Drinking, Bad at Life and your adorable entourage, KassyK, Ar-Jew-Tino, Ashburnite, host with the most I-66, Irish Red, and E :) , I'm calling you all out: you're just plain friendly. Warm smiles, nice things said about the blog, and good conversation with all. I'd previously met the lovely V, and I am happy to report she was still lovely. I had not met Virgle Kent before, but he's not going on the nice list. He's going on the Smooth and Sorta Nasty list, and I trust he of all people will not be offended, but realize that this list is way more fun to be on.

*Special note to E :), who stepped it up another notch by fixing my earring. If that chick can figure out nuclear proliferation as deftly as she wrangled a busted chandelier back into submission, we're all going to be sleeping more soundly. You know how there's that effort afoot to surround Butterstick and prevent the zoo from sending him back to China? Well chop chop, E :) is getting deported in two weeks and a thinking D.C. blogosphere won't let that happen. I suggest "Save E :)" shirts on Cafepress and human slingshots directed at the Australian embassy.

8 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

Thanks for coming out! Glad to finally meet ya.

3:07 PM  
Blogger KassyK said...

Hey, great to finally meet you and love the haircut. :-)

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to meet you too! And put YOURSELF in that friendly category, darlin!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

All- Thank you. You're always welcome to sit at my table in the Blogger High cafeteria.
Special thanks to you KassyK, because every time I look in the mirror I still think "Oh that's right, that happened." ;-)

3:54 PM  
Blogger E :) said...

Haha! It was so nice to meet you too and a pleasure to fix your earring. I'll be keeping up with my blog and yours even though I'm (very unhappily) going. I'll be back in June next year at the very least, and hopefully returning permanently soon after that. Would love to catch up when the State Department lets me back in to the country!

4:05 PM  
Blogger Ar-Jew-Tino said...

I've never had so much fun chatting with someone so close to the bathroom before. You're "buena gente", BB.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Hammer said...

Good to meet the face behind the Photoshop. Stay tuned for challenge #2.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Ashburnite said...

It was great meeting you, and I wish we could have chatted more!

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home