free stats

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

At the Risk of Sounding Smug...


I haven't updated the blog lately because my weekend is still going. If there are sweeter words than, "We follow the government's schedule," I don't know what they are. Nothing of note occurred this weekend worth wasting the next few minutes of your life. However, I'll share the snippet I overheard while waiting for a table at The Diner Sunday morning. A small boy was talking to his father as they were walking out. Both had British accents.
Boy, with the cutest little accent ever: "But I've said the magic word."
Father: "Magic word notwithstanding...."
Powerful evidence that even an exchange with a nagging kid sounds cooler and more intelligent with a British accent than its American counterpart.

In other news, birthday presents are still trickling into my house. The latest to arrive is from my brother and sister-in-law: the Sun Records 50th Anniversary Collection. It's so good, you should have known how good it was going to be before even reading this paragraph, and gone out and purchased it, and be listening to Johnny London wailing out "Drivin' Slow," at this very minute. Right now you should be doing nothing but nodding in agreement.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think "We follow the government's schedule" is probably the phrase that I will miss most from DC...

6:43 AM  
Blogger KassyK said...

I love it...great gift and British accents do make everything sound a little better.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

A- Then don't leave! sigh...

Kassy- Indeed. Although there was this goofy little band in the 90s called Too Much Joy and this great song called "Long Haired Guys from England," about that phenomenon and how they were moving to the UK so they could get some tail.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home