free stats

Friday, September 01, 2006

Conversation at a Metro Entrance


On the way home yesterday I noticed a guy ahead of us carrying a bouquet of flowers. The following ensued:
Me: "What do men think when they see a guy carrying flowers home at the end of the day? Do they think 'That's nice,' or do they think 'That guy's fucking it up for all of us because all these other chicks are noticing?'"
Significant other: "They think that that dude screwed up."
Me: "Really?"
Significant other: "Yes. I'm a man and that's what I think."
Me: (sigh.)

Men, please stop on the way home today and buy your dame some flowers. Even if she has said to you in the past, "Oh, I don't need flowers," or any variation thereof, what she likely means is: "I don't need flowers, but..."

6 Comments:

Blogger Alejandra Ramos said...

See, I always wonder, "Oooh...did he do something wrong?" or "Lucky girl..."

It depends on my mood...

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If a guy is carrying flowers it's because of an anniversary or he's being sweet. If he screwed up, he has that shit delivered to her office first thing in the morning.

7:48 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

I think RCR's right. The screwups happen the night before the makeups, that way he's not actually there when it happens - no pressure to say anything.

1:32 AM  
Blogger Alejandra Ramos said...

Just goes to show how little experience I have with either of these situations...

10:58 AM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

A- I think "Lucky girl," too. But then, admittedly, I quickly follow it with "I hate her so much..." hee hee

RCR-Does he have a particular florist he typically goes to? Because he sounds awfully familiar with this process.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I think you're right - it's usually an apology. There are exceptions - my guy does bring me flowers just to be sweet....

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home