free stats

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Friends Help You Move, Best Friends Help You Move Bodies

The highlight of this past week's vacation was hanging out with two of my favorite people on the planet.

The first is the kind of friend who, after she left the beach house, called to say she'd left me a little treat in one of the closets. Inside, I found a thank you note, a noodle float for the ocean, a jar of honey she'd picked up at a roadside stand in South Carolina, and an envelope full of cash.

The second is the kind of friend who will listen to me waxing philosophical about some aspect of my life that perhaps I'm being a tad illogical about and respond, "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard." Or, when I announced after a semi-marathon round of drinking at the pub that I might throw up on his couch, he replied matter-of-factly, "It would be a whole lot cooler if you didn't."

Best. Vacation. Ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home