free stats

Monday, August 28, 2006

Emmy Update: My Sister-in-Law Scores Off Of John Stewart



So it's not the same type of scoring I had in mind when I packed her off to L.A. last week clutching my Top 5 Emmy-Nominated List, but she did have a pretty darn good run-in with one of my honorees. At the Governor's Ball, Stewart was trying to make his way past her table, but a waiter blocked his path. After several unsuccessful attempts to get the waiter to move, my sister-in-law, sitting at a better angle to get the waiter's attention, intervenes and he moves. She then proceeds to BUST JON STEWART'S CHOPS, teasing him that he doesn't seem to have very much pull. He laughs, saying "Yeah, I got nothing," and then thanks her for the post-win congratulations she extended him.

She is now the second of my family members to encounter Stewart, the first being my sister who sat calmly on a bench shout whispering into a cell phone that my niece was at that moment playing with his kid. Now this. It means one thing: I'm due, Stewart. I'm due. You don't show up at my next party or while I'm waiting in line for a cowvin cookie at Sticky Fingers, and I'm taking a cue from your pal Colbert up there and calling you out.

1 Comments:

Blogger honeykbee said...

So totally not what I had envisioned when I imagined "scoring off of Jon Stewart" but a good tale nonetheless. You are definitely due.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home