free stats

Monday, August 07, 2006

Blogger Happy Hour(s)

Some thoughts from my first Blogger Happy Hour:
*Kathryn and Cookie throw a chill soiree and the former has a mini-Bermuda bag to die for. My regular one suddenly seems oversized.
*V. Kent's gift of a "BILF" shirt to the birthday girl was hi-larious.
*Walking into a roomful of new people who already know each other is always daunting but having a guide is helpful. The delightful Etc. was the best sherpa any girl could ask for. Must repay with drinks when I get back.
*If you come across like a pompous ass on your blog you probably do in person too.
*If your blog is the result of a focus group at work it's not a blog. It's an advertisement. And I don't want to talk to you about it when I'm out on a Friday night.
*Work in Blogress is funny in person. Not funny like a clown. Not Rita Rudner funny. Really ridiculously funny. Whether he likes it or not I'm about to force him to become one of my new buddies.
*I do have the ability to chat with RCR about his enviably erudite writing without resorting to "You blog good. Me like." Frankly that came as a surprise to me.
*Late night at Blogger Happy Hour + early morning road trip equals 30 minute nap in McDonald's parking lot in Thornburg Virginia.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was gunning for pompous ass, but guess I'll settle for erudite.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

Reach for the stars kid and someday...

9:21 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Wow, thanks, BB. I always say funny is a lot easier when you've got good help, and you more than hold your own.

I'm curious, though, where you put Rita Rudner on the clown-to-ridiculous scale. Is she the middle? I kind of liked her stuff, c. 1988. There's deadpan, then there's deadpan-plus-looking-really-stoned, and she had that down like nobody's business. Maybe not stoned, but definitely sniffing glue. But I digress.

3:42 AM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

To quote Peter Griffin of Family Guy fame I put her--in terms of this post--in "Funny funny? Or Rita Rudner--God love her she's trying--funny?"

4:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bb - i had that same fear upon first meeting rcr. but it sort of came true for me. glad you were able to hang on to your verbal skills.

glad to play sherpa. drinks anytime. also, how about a date in the dog park?

xo

3:03 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

Etc.--Sounds great! email me your email and I'll catch up with you when I get back. I'm brunchbird@yahoo.com

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home