free stats

Friday, August 11, 2006

Be the Ball

I am in love.
Today, for the first time, I took a golf lesson. After getting about 45 seconds of instruction on grip, stance, and swing I took my first, very nervous shot at the ball. Swing and a miss. On about the fourth attempt I nailed the thing. Never felt anything like I felt upon connecting with the ball. Not even with a well-placed tennis shot. It went sailing in a long, smooth arc and I wanted to jump up and down and squeal. My instructor, who had been a proper Southerner up to this point, let out a "Damn." No joke. We switched from irons to woods. Even more fun. In the hour that followed I was probably about 60/40 when it came to whiffing or slamming into the ground versus connecting cleanly, but it was still an incredible experience. Now I just have to learn the other 438 variables to the game. Including looking good in plaid shorts and saddle shoes. Because based on my time on the links this morning, that's apparently essential.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home