free stats

Friday, July 14, 2006

Only in D.C. Seems to Be a Bit of an Understatement

I work out at the National Press Club. Most days are fairly routine. Today however, I had the pleasure of walking out of the gym all sweaty and gross directly into a herd of cameramen gathered at the foot of the stairs. They weren't waiting for me of course. Rather, they were after Joe Wilson and Valerie Plame, who had just finished announcing in the nearby ballroom that they were suing Dick Cheney. So we walked out at the same time. I tried yanking my visor as far over my face as possible to avoid looking like a jackass on the news tonight. We'll see how successful I am later I guess.

UPDATE: Questioning why I was wearing a visor? You're not the only one. Head to the comments for a quick Q&A on the matter.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought visors went out of fashion four years ago? what gives?

1:47 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

You know it's funny, I was going to write a note of explanation about the visor, figuring I might be assailed with Steve Spurrier jokes or 50-year-old country club tennis player snipes.
Originally, that morning I planned on running instead of going to the gym. I wear a visor when I run in the summer because it doesn't trap heat in like a baseball cap, and it keeps the sun out of my eyes. So that's why the visor. Also, it's a Kangol visor which I think gives me street cred, at least with Kangol-devotee Samuel "Snakes on a M*#^$F*#*@ Plane" Jackson. Although it's pale pink, so I guess that firmly taketh away the street cred.
In any case Anon, you're right to question it. A vigilant public is our best defense against dorky exercise headwear.

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home