free stats

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Oh Give Me a Home Where the Bikini-Clad Roam

Whereas, this is my first full summer in D.C. in a long time,
and Whereas, I am currently as pale as the underbelly of a grouper,
and Whereas, I lack a sunny yard, patio, roof or stoop,
Therefore be it resolved that I am in great need of a spot where I can lay out in a bathing suit with like-minded sun seekers without looking like a tart.

Is there an equivalent here to that public lawn that we all had in college for tanning?
Do people do bathing suits on the Mall? I can't imagine, given the likelihood of being guffawed over by 14-year-olds from Oshkosh, Wisconsin. I'm desperate to hear everyone's favorite sun spots.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think people lay out on the mall in bathing suits, don't they? the summer skinterns must do that. there's also "P street beach" at about P and 23rd. or the lawn between the watergate and the potomac.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Pagan Marbury said...

A lot of hotels and condos that have rooftop pools sell day passes and summer memberships. Or there's always Mystic Tan!

11:31 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

The scorched retinas of those forced to look at my gleaming white dermis thank you. I'm going to investigate both options pronto.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home