free stats

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Ode to an Ode to a Budding Friendship

So two months ago I was volunteering and gave another girl I was working with a ride home. She was hilarious and shared my love of DC blogs like RockCreekRambler and Kathryn and DC Bachelor. (and perhaps most importantly she showed me a new shortcut between Adams Morgan and Cleveland Park.) She was excited because she'd recently been to a blogger happy hour and self-admittedly geeked out to the cool kids there about how much she loved their work. Figuring this required the bravery equivilant of walking up to the senior girls and telling them she liked their outfits I applauded her nerve and deposited her at her lovely home and was off.
So imagine my delight yesterday to see the "Budding Friendship" post at Kathrynon......What a lovely Cinderella story. She got a kick-ass mix cd and everything. Good luck in England etcetera!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

fear not, brunch bird! i'm only in the UK for a month! i'll be back in dc in august and will gladly be your date at the next blogger happy hour.

you did NOT reveal to me, however, as we cruised through dc in your convertible, that you, too had a blog. rascal.

so funny that we've reconnected. the best two things to come out of that volunteer experience - 1. new boyfriend and 2. another fellow blog groupie!

2:47 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

Sweet! I will definitely take you up on that.
The blog's only a month old, so it was just a twinkle in my eye then. I'm having fun, but still figuring it all out.
Have fun in England and we'll catch up when you get back!

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home