free stats

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Mmmmm....Gimmicky priced dining....aghhhhh

I loves me some Restaurant Week. In truth, it never really ends up being a cheap night or anything once you add tax/tip/tippling, but it's a good kick in the pants to try new places. As usual, I didn't get to Open Table fast enough to get a dinner slot at Galileo. And for some reason, 1789 isn't on the list this year. Perhaps new chef Nathan Beauchamp doesn't want to dole out roast pork medallions for the unwashed masses as his predecessor did. Or maybe the suits realized that this was one of the places where diners really did get a steal for $30. Here's how my Aug. 14-20 week is shaping up:

Monday lunch: The Jefferson Hotel restaurant. I'm easing into the week with this pick, which is near my office. I love their french fries. I love even more that they call them "an embellishment" and charge $8 for them.
Tuesday dinner: David Greggory. Supposed to be very good. Never eaten there.
Friday lunch: Bistro Bis. Meeting a friend from the old bureau on the Hill.
Friday dinner, late: Zengo. Good location for potential Friday-night chicanery to follow.
Saturday dinner: Sam & Harry's. The 'rents will join on this one, as it's a 'rents kind of place.

UPDATE: An anonymous tipster reminds me that I have in fact eaten at David Greggory during the past year, which I guess speaks volumes about my meal. Or, my alcohol consumption.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and I went to David Greggory last year! How quickly we forget...

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home