free stats

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

OMG it's O-Town!

I'm on the road. In Orlando. Here's a little peak behind the curtain: There's some massive food trade convention here right now (not, I repeat, not why I'm here.) I've had guys attempt to make conversation with me by opening with:

"I'm in high-volume flavor sales. If you've eaten ramen noodles lately, you've eaten my chicken boullion."

and

"You're the Applebee's rep, right? We met last year!"
(Not sure why he thought that. Must have been my suit with the 37 pieces of flair. Incidentally, if you're reading this and you are the Applebee's rep he met last year, you apparently made quite an impression. You Spicy Jalepeno Puffy Popper temptress.)

So this is how it goes in other parts of the country, huh? People chitchat about chicken extracts and Applebees. I take back what I said in my previous post, I'm never stepping outside the Beltway again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home