free stats

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A Half-Million and You Don't Even Get a Gardener

I have poison ivy. Honest to god-haven't gotten it since I was 10-pull out the Calamine Lotion-poison ivy. My co-op had a building clean-up day this past weekend that seemed like a nice idea in theory. Until I volunteered to clean out a neglected part of the side yard. That was full of poison ivy. That I got in up to my elbows. Helpfully, after the fact, several people pointed out that there was an article in the WaPo (that I'd obviously missed) about how awful the poison ivy is getting to be thanks to global warming.

My only consolation: as dusk fell I made s'mores. Here's the no-campfire-necessary recipe:

2 graham crackers
2 marshmallows
Half of Hershey bar

Put two cracker halves on a cookie sheet. Cut each marshmallow in half and place flat sides down on each cracker. (cutting it so there's a flat side keeps it from rolling off as it puffs up.) Put in a 400 degree oven for about 3 minutes, or until golden. Pull out and slap a three-bar section of Hershey bar on it and top with the other half of the graham cracker.
Scratch #$%@ poison ivy bumps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home